Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wednesday weigh-in

Wow, Cliff is proud of himself.  He weighed 215 1/2 this morning.  I'm not doing so bad myself, at 146.  I've been there before, but my weight had been edging up lately.

One thing I'm working on now is drinking eight glasses of water a day.  Somewhere, perhaps on Sparkpeople.com, I saw this suggestion:  Put a stack of eight pennies on the left side of your glass in the morning; every time you drink a glass of water, move a penny to the right side of the glass.  This is working for me.

Of course, it doesn't make me any happier about all those trips to the bathroom, but at least I'm getting my water.

I know some people carry their water with them and sip on it, but the only thing that works for me is to gulp down that glassful as fast as I can, as though it were medicine.  Get it over with, I say!

No comments: