Thursday, September 7, 2006

Wednesday weigh-in

Cliff and I weighed in yesterday at 220.5 and 145.5. 

We ate out a couple of times last weekend, once at a buffet at Golden Corral; we both know we need to avoid all-you-can-eat situations, but we sometimes serve as enablers for one another, and this was one of those times.  So when we returned home, Cliff was three pounds heavier.  This seems to happen every time we eat out too much, and I'd love to know if it's the salt, or just the over-eating.  Or a touch of congestive heart failure?  Anyhow, given three days, the added weight is always gone.  The trouble is, the food on that buffet wasn't even all that great!

Cliff says he can feel himself getting stronger from his workouts at the gym at his workplace.  I've been walking twice a day, most days, so I can take in 150 more calories a day.

I do believe the doctor has hit on exactly the right blood pressure meds for Cliff (Lopressor 50 mg, twice a day), because his BP stays around 120 over 60 all the time.  I don't know if it's because of our using less salt, the added exercise, or my weight loss, but my own blood pressure stays in the same range as Cliff's now; it had been creeping up around 140/80 for some time.  So perhaps it will be a long time before I have to worry about blood pressure problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is good news about BP!