Wednesday, August 30, 2006

diet report

I enter everything I consume onto the Calorieking website.  There's a $39 yearly fee for using the site, which was the cheapest I could find at the time.  When my year is up in December, I'll switch to sparkpeople.com.  That'll be somewhat of a drag, since I have my own recipes and custom foods entered at calorieking; I'll have to enter them all over again on the new site. 

This is my average over the past two weeks.  I can see by the chart that I'm getting careless.  For three or four months, I had kept my fat intake well below 30% of my calories, and protein well above 15%.  Obviously, I'm getting sloppy about what I eat.

Daily Averages
food calories: 2,328 cals
exercise minutes: 53 mins
exercise calories: 245 cals
net calories: 2,083 cals
fat: 68 g
  saturated fat: 20 g
carbohydrate: 259 g
  sugar: 97 g
protein: 72 g
fiber: 22 g
sodium: 1,930 mg
potassium: 2,375 mg
calcium: 1,542 mg
iron: 11.8 mg
zinc: 3.9 mg
cholesterol: 166.8 mg
effective carbohyrate: 203 g

I'm also getting more sodium and cholesterol lately; at least the sodium is still under 2000 mgs.

I'm going to have to get serious here, or I'll creep right back up to eating junk any time the urge hits me... and the pounds will creep slowly upward, too.

Our weights:  mine, 148.  Cliff, 220.5.  He's very excited about his weigh-in this morning, since he's fluctuated between 221 and 224 for the past month, and he finally broke that trend!

Maybe it's because he's been spending his lunch break in the workout room where he works.  They have all manner of fancy equipment, and he's working on upper-body strength.

Cliff and I have taken a daily 325 mg aspirin for years.  After a discussion sparked by comments in my main journal and some online research, we've switched to 81 mg.  I looked back over the prescriptions given to Cliff when he left the hospital, and 81 mg was what they called for.

Thanks, Mrs Linklater, for the heads-up.

No comments: