Thursday, August 17, 2006

I've learned how many calories I can use

Thanks to my signing up at Calorieking.com last winter, I have kept meticulous track of all my calories, fats, and vitamins.  I checked out my average calorie intake for the previous two weeks before I recently gained a couple of pounds, and the daily average was 2,400.  I was walking a half-hour daily, which burned off 160 or so of those.  So, it appears that if I maintain my present activity level and stay at 2,300 calories or under, I'll maintain or lose weight.

I paid a small fee to join up with Calorieking because I hadn't yet heard about sparkpeople.com, which is pretty much the same program for free.  When my time runs out with Calorieking, I'll switch.

Oh, Cliff has already lost two of the three pounds he gained.  I had a feeling it was mostly water weight from too much sodium.  As hard as he tries, he just doesn't eat as well when I'm gone, and I was at the fair for three days.  Then the next day after my return, we went to a family reunion, where of course, we loaded up on salt.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calorieking is a great site; I got one of their calorie books and like that it tells how many calories in a lot of fast food restaurants entrees. Very informative when one is choosing between a small french fry or a medium one.

glad you figured out what you needed calorie-wise to maintain/lose weight

betty