Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Wednesday weigh-in

I chose that mood because I am frustrated at myself:  I gained weight this week.  I'm up to 148.5, which is two pounds heavier than last week.  And I do know why this happened.

I was keeping my calorie intake at around 2,200, on average, up until the last couple of weeks.  I notice my average for the past two weeks, though, is over 2,400 calories.  The other part of the problem is that, on these 100-plus degree days, I don't move around much.  Yesterday I went into our bedroom, the only room in our house with air conditioning, at 4 PM, and stayed there watching TV the rest of the day.  You don't burn a lot of calories lying propped up on a bed.

Cliff, on the other hand, is still losing.  He's 221 1/2 pounds.  He takes in more calories than I do, but he's also moving around... heat or no heat.  Not only at work, but here at home too; he always finds himself some project or other to keep him busy for four hours, until time to come inside and eat lunch and get ready for work.

His blood pressure numbers are great, too.  Go, Cliff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

knowing why you gained the weight and taking steps to eliminate why you gained the weight is half the battle in this business of losing weight and maintaning. It always amazed me with typing medical reports that people would come in and complain about their weight and have no idea how it happened only to later go on and tell the doctor how they don't exercise or they eat a lot of junk food, etc. That's how they gained it.

You know what went "wrong" last week and what you can fix this week to make it a "good" week next weigh in. I know you'll have those two pounds gone in a jiffy and be back down next week.

betty