Tuesday, December 26, 2006

back to the plan

Cliff and I went back to our old, pig-out ways for two days, thanks to Christmas.  My weight had already begun creeping up from a low of 147 a few weeks ago, as a result of evening snacking.  And alas, yesterday after the holiday feasting, I weighed 151.5.  (This morning, though, it's 149.  Whew!)

Cliff had gotten as low as 211, very briefly.  Yesterday he weighed 215.

It amazes me how we enable one another when it comes to over-eating.  It's as if I say to myself, "Oh, he's eating chips?  I should get some too!"

Anyway, we now have new motivation after being reminded how easily we slip, and I am aiming for 145.  Cliff is going for 200. 

We've decided to forgo our Tuesday Subway meals for now.  The calories really aren't that bad, but the sodium is.  And there's a certain mindset that comes with eating out, anyhow, that's conducive to overeating.  Oh, we'll still have a Subway when we're on the road going somewhere.  Just not that every-Tuesday lunch-and-dinner-both thing.

No comments: