Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hmmmm

Today is weigh-day.  Of course, I weigh almost every morning, but Wednesday is the one that "counts".  If you have followed my Wednesday weigh-ins here in this journal, you might have noticed a trend upward in my weight.

Today I weigh 150.

I know what the problem is.  Evening snacking while watching TV.

Thanks to sparkpeople.com, I know exactly why I'm gaining weight:  I'm taking in over 2,700 calories per day.  Good grief!!!!

I could tell you how I used to sometimes take in twice that many calories.  I could pat myself on the back for only eating two pieces of home-made fudge every day, and doing entirely without fruitcake and cheese ball and hot hamburger dip and cranberry bread.

But none of that changes the fact that I am taking in more calories than I'm using.

Thank the good Lord New Year's Day is approaching, because I've always found new motivation at that time.  Let's hope it works for me this year!

I find the polls on how much the average person gains throughout the holidays tend to disagree:  there's this one , which says it's five to ten pounds (that's been my experience) and this one that says only one pound, and this one , which estimates seven pounds.

Looks like this year, even doing without my Christmas goodies, I've gained a couple.  And Christmas isn't here yet!

Oh, did I mention Cliff weighs 213?  He's still losing weight.

::sigh::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I turned my evening snaking into JELLO.  Sugar free of course. During my bout with diverticulitis I lost 5 pounds.....now just to keep it going.