Wednesday, December 27, 2006

downright amazing!

Cliff and I spent Saturday and Sunday pigging out the way we used to.  I ate ALL the brown sugar fudge that was left in the house.  We had plates piled high with food at our family holiday dinner, and ate too many nuts and sweets afterward.

I weighed 152 when all was said and done; Cliff weighed 216.

We agreed that it really hadn't been all that much fun, the mindless eating.

When we have a steak dinner out... that's fun.

Or when we buy a medium pizza and each eat half... that's fun.

Because then we're aware of every bite and what a rare treat it is.

But when we saunter through the kitchen thinking, "What can I eat now," it's a bummer.  And even worse is the over-stuffed feeling afterward.

Monday we were back on track.  We agreed to limit even healthy snacks until we got our weights were they were before.

Today, for our Wednesday weigh-in, Cliff weighs 211 and I am at 147 1/2.  Only four days after all that brown sugar fudge????  WOW!

We will keep pursuing our latest goals, which is 200 for Cliff and 145 for me.  Hopefully we'll get there by our birthdays.

By the way, ideal weight for Cliff on the charts, counting him as "big-boned", is 161 to184.  I can't imagine him weighing so little; it seems like he'd be nothing more than a skeleton.  But the less he weighs, the less burden it is on his slightly-damaged heart.

My ideal, according to insurance company charts, is 134 to 151, if I am considered big-boned.  Which means I'm pretty much "in the zone".  The less I weigh, though, the easier it will be on my knees.

We're getting there, thanks be to God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think the key thing is just to get right back on it like y'all did.  I indulged at Christmas parties and dinner, but after it was over, back to my routine, and I lost weight this week.  Y'all are simply doing great.

Anonymous said...

I so admire your will power.