Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Things I miss

I'm pushing the upper limits of my weight just now, what with the short days, snow-covered ground and frigid temperatures... not to mention my arthritic knees, which make me want to sit more than I should.  So, I weighed 149 1/2 today.  Yeah, you can say I'm still below 150, which was my original goal.  But it wouldn't take much to put me over 150, and that rather scares me.

Cliff weighs 214 1/2, and is very happy to be wearing size 36 jeans today.

Now, if I'd gotten down below 145, I'd feel like I could splurge a few calories and have some of the Christmas goodies that I really miss.  But pushing the limit as I am, I'm afraid to make any of that good stuff, because all those foods send me out of control quite easily. 

Here's a list of foods I miss during the holiday season:

Brown sugar fudge, my mom's recipe.

Kraft cheese ball... the one where you mix three jars of different-flavored Kraft cheese spreads with some cream cheese, onion, and Worcestershire sauce, make it into a ball, and roll the whole thing in nuts.

Fruitcake.  Yeah, I know, nobody is supposed to like it.  But I do.  Especially my mom's family recipe.

Nacho chips dipped in hot cheese dip, either the easy one where you mix simply mix Velveeta with Rotel, or the hot hamburger dip I've always made in wintertime.

Home-made caramel corn.

Oh, and I always crave Pizza Hut pizza, not just during the holidays.  Once in a great while we indulge (or I should say Cliff indulges me, because he could live without pizza), but it isn't like the old days when we ran to the Pizza Hut buffet at least once a week.  I know, you can make choices like having the cheese left off, and making it vegetarian.  But that isn't what I'm craving.

OK, I'm going to go cry now.   Hurry  up, springtime... come on back!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like fruitcake, too.  Shhh  :)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I'm going through the same thing....I NEED COMFORT FOOD!