Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wednesday diet report

Cliff and I started on a healthier way of eating in mid-December, 2005.  When we started, I weighed 188 pounds, and Cliff was 277.

Three weeks ago, our weights were 160 and 237.  On that day, Cliff was in the hospital, preparing for totally unexpected coronary bypass surgery. 

Now we've cut salt out of our diets as much as is humanly possible and eating red meat no more than once a week.  We're limiting cheese, and have switched from 1% milk to skim.  I read labels until I'm sick of reading them, watching for trans-fatty acids, sodium, and cholesterol.  We're eating more fruits and vegetables that we've ever done in our lives.

Today I weigh 155 pounds, and Cliff weighs 227.  Wow, he's lost 50 pounds in five months!

My knees appreciate the break I'm giving them, and I'm sure my horse does, too.

Oh, for the statistics on the relationship between salt and blood pressure, click HERE.

No comments: