Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday diet report

Cliff weighs 228 today; I'm 151.5!  When I first started this weight-losing thing in December, my rather hazy goal was to get "anywhere under 150".  It's hard to believe I'm so close, now, to that goal.  I finally selected an exact weight to shoot for:  145 pounds.  I'm actually pretty content with how I feel right now, but any weight I lose is that much that my very compromised knees won't have to carry.  If I should happen to drop below 140, I think I'd actually eat a few fattening things to keep from losing more.  There's such a thing as being too thin..

Now that we're both eating for Cliff's health, it's much easier not to cheat on our diets.

Any time a recipe calls for one egg, I use two egg whites and dispose of the yolks, which is where all the bad stuff is.  They aren't wasted, though:  Sadie gets them!  And now she's learned to detect the sound of an egg cracking from in the other room, and shows up at my side as fast as the speed of light.

Cliff seems so very back-to-normal now that it's almost as though he never had open-heart surgery.  He tells me his chest hurts "a little less every day".  He's incorporating a couple of our steep hills into his morning walk now, and building up strength fast.

We'll see the heart doctor next Tuesday, before noon.  I'm anxious to hear their report.  I expect good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you two have done so good on the diets. That's wonderful that cliff is feeling better.