Wednesday, June 28, 2006

getting back on track

Cliff and I both slipped this past week.

Cliff went to Minnesota with his brother, to a car show.  He had no choice but to eat every meal out, at the greasy spoons Phil seems to love.  He was able to eat cereal and fruit at the motel though, and he did make wise choices about the amount of food he ate; although he picked up 1 1/2 pounds, I know that will be shed by next week.  Yesterday his blood pressure was 20 points higher than it's ever been since his surgery (the top number was still under 140, though).  Salt obviously does raise blood pressure.  Today it's 126 over 72, after a day of having less than 1,500 milligrams of sodium.  I try to keep sodium intake under 2,000 milligrams a day.

While Cliff was gone, I ate the pizza I'd been craving.  BOY did I eat pizza!  Saturday I bought two pizzas and some breadsticks for myself and my daughter's family; when they went home, they left pizza behind.  So I had pizza for lunch, and supper, and for breakfast the next morning... all I could hold.  Yeah, I'm a hog.  But I don't think I'll be craving pizza again for a while.  I still managed to be 1/2 pound lighter than last week though.

So, today I weigh 147 1/2, and Cliff weighs 227.

No comments: