Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wednesday weight-loss report

I'm down a pound and a half from last week; I weighed in this morning at 148 pounds.  Hey, I just realized, I've lost 40 pounds since December!

Cliff, after being at a stand-still for so long, is finally losing, little by little.  He's 225.  Yes, he's been there before, but only very briefly.  From his morning weigh-ins, we can tell he's actually losing now.  He has some size 40 overalls, some almost new, that I found stored upstairs from six or seven years ago.  Also a pair of size 38 jeans.  These are too small for him, but I imagine ten or fifteen pounds loss will get him wearing them, so he has that for his next goal.

Cliff has always eaten pretzels as a crunchy snack, but of course they have too much salt for someone trying to take care of his heart.  I had searched the grocery shelves trying to find something crunchy and crisp, yet good for him, that he'd like; and I finally found it.  Quaker makes some wonderful rice snacks in both salty and sweet flavors, and they really fill the void.  We haven't tried all of them yet, but I like the Ranch, and Cliff likes the caramel corn.  I wouldn't say they're cheap, but we think they're worth it.  Check out Quaker Quakes.  I can't wait to try the other flavors.  Stick with the sweet varieties to limit salt, because there's a goodly amount of sodium in the others.

No comments: