Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Chicken Breasts Dijon (yum)

I fixed these for lunch today; of course, there's enough left for another meal AND enough to chop up in some salads.

                               CHICKEN BREASTS DIJON

6 small chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds), skinned and boned.
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (of course I used olive oil)
2 tablespoons dry white wine
freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons mustard seed

Heat oven to 400.  Remove any excess fat from chicken.  Place chicken,meaty sides up, in rectangular pan, 13X9X2, sprayed with Pam.  Mix mustard, oil and wine; brush over chicken.  Sprinkle with pepper and mustard seed.  Bake uncovered until chicken is done, about 30 minutes. 

I didn't have any mustard seed, so I put 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard in the oil, wine and mustard mix.  And I simply used ordinary black pepper.

1/6 recipe is a serving:  270 calories, 7 grams fat, 46 grams protein, 120 mg cholesterol, 2 g carbs, 230 mg sodium.

This has Cliff's seal of approval, and he hasn't always liked things Dijon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this sounds delicious; I like that it has so much protein in it as I tend to eat high protein; low carb. thanks for posting it

betty