Friday, July 7, 2006

Wednesday diet report... on Friday!

My son arrived last Saturday evening, and I've been having a virtual cook-a-thon and bake-fest, trying to make sure he got a taste of his favorite foods while he was here.  He headed back to Georgia this morning.

Cliff and I got somewhat off track with our eating:  he had much more meat than I usually have available for him to eat, and probably considerably more sodium.  I made chocolate chip cookies, and couldn't resist eating one while they were warm, and one more later.  However, Cliff didn't have a single one.  And the morning I made cinnamon rolls, neither of us had so much as a taste.  Well, OK, I had a piece of one somebody left in the pan, but it was only a bite.

The good news is that Cliff and I weigh exactly the same now as we did when Jim arrived.  I'm happy with that.

There'll be no Wednesday diet report next week, because hopefully we'll be on Colorado.  While I may have a laptop along, I won't be taking scales.  I don't foresee any problem with eating properly while we're on vacation.  Breakfast is easy when it consists of cereal, milk and fruit.  Most of our suppers will be a salad.  We'll buy lunch out, but we'll split meals.

At least, that's the plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and Happy Birthday!!!
June

Anonymous said...

Have a really great time!