Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday weigh-in

Cliff is amazed:  He's two pounds lighter than he was last week, weighing in at 222 1/2 pounds.  I'm 146 1/2, a loss of a half-pound.

Why is Cliff so surprised? 

1.  Because we ate at the Mexican place... TWO DAYS STRAIGHT!  But we split a meal, both times.

2.  We had SPAGHETTI (Cliff's favorite food in the whole world) twice.  Ah, but I made the sauce from scratch (no salt except what was in the half-pound of Italian sausage I added) and I controlled portions.  The portions, however, were quite generous.  Cliff's idea is that anything that good has to add pounds.

3.  We ate taco salad last night; Cliff's ideas about that are the same as his attitudes about spaghetti.  Again, I controlled portions, right down to counting the Fritoes (we each got 31).  I used a lower-sodium taco seasoning, and ground turkey instead of beef. 

We're still walking every day, and enjoying life to the fullest.  Cliff goes back to work Monday.  I am so thankful for his health, and I intend to do everything in my power to keep his heart problem-free.  We've been given a gift, and I don't intend to take it lightly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're so inclined, making your own flour tortillas, and then frying or baking them is really good for your taco salad.  We usually make about 3 or 4 dozen at a time because they're so good..  :)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

WTG on the continued weight loss; perhaps Cliff was more active this week in anticipation of going back to work and that helped burn more calories? Whatever, that is awesome :)

betty