Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday weight loss report

I'm down one pound, to 147; that's 41 pounds lost since last December.  Cliff is now 224.5, a pound and a half lighter than his last weigh-in, and 52 pounds lighter than before Christmas.  Not bad, coming off vacation, eh?

The doctor didn't want Cliff on his motorcycle for six months after surgery, but he's been going for short spins for three weeks or so.  His sister called yesterday evening and invited us over for a "healthy meal".  She's been making a real effort to cook and eat for good health, lately.

Cliff said, "You want to take the motorcycle?"

I almost said no, then I thought to myself, "If he's going back to work in a few days, he ought to be able to ride his motorcycle, and I shouldn't be afraid to ride with him."

It was nice to have the sense of "back-to-normal" that riding the Gold Wing gave us.

Besides, check out what I found HERE, and scroll down to "when to resume usual activities".  This is put out by the Society for Thoracic Surgeons, and says at three months you are back to normal.  Cliff's brother, Phil, went back to work three months after his heart bypass.

Now I realize that one should give heed to his own doctor, and not what he reads online or hears elsewhere.  But since Cliff is at the point of doing what he feels like anyhow, this article does make me, personally, feel better about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think yall are doing good.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic with the weight loss! even with vacation!! WTG to both of you. I used to work for cardiac surgeons (years ago) and I remember they said no work for about two to three months depending on the patient, type of work, etc.

glad you enjoyed the motorcycle ride :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he is doing so well